We offer various in-person workshops and coding bootcamps across Los Angeles and Orange County. Our courses are offered through a partnership with General Assembly.
Interested in 1-on-1 coaching sessions instead, online or locally? Read our coaching page instead.
For professional services, refer to our consulting services page.
About This Workshop
HTML and CSS are the fundamental building blocks of the web. Whether you’re a beginner who wants to get started in web development, a designer looking to hand-code their concepts, or a marketer who wants a little more control over their CMS, you’ll need to know HTML and CSS to get the job done.
This one day workshop is the quickest way to get started building websites. You will dive head first into HTML and CSS, skill up with live coding exercises, and by the end of the day you’ll have a working web page to call your own.
- Basics of the internet and how webpages work
- Syntax of HTML and CSS
- Building common types of websites including landing pages and marketing sites
- Principles of front-end code organisation and project structure
- How to get your website live on the internet
- Build a basic web page from scratch
- Modify the code of existing websites
- Deploy a website to the internet
Prereqs & Preparation
This workshop is for beginners.
Bring along a laptop and please install the following free software before class:
- Sublime Text 2 http://www.sublimetext.com/2 (Apple)
- Notepadd++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.5.8.html (Windows)
- Google Chrome https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
About the Instructor
Jose Cervantes is a digital marketing and web development professional with a decade of experience helping corporations, small businesses and individuals operate and succeed in online business. Jose has worked for corporations such as Herbalife Nutrition and FOX Networks Group, and is currently employed by OceanX.
Jose has been teaching since 2015 in the areas of digital marketing, coding and web development. In his spare time, he also enjoys helping businesses and individuals create and market their online business through his consulting business.
Jose loves writing, learning, sports, and exploring the outdoors whenever possible.